300 Club Annual Draw 2019
ATTENTION ALL 300 CLUB MEMBERS!
The year is drawing to a close and it is time for our big “Annual R1 000 draw” for all the 300 Club members of 2019. The monthly November & December draw will also take place on the evening.
We would like to invite you, and why not bring along a friend too, to our Home on
Thursday, 28 November 2019 at 18h00 for a Cocktail Party.
We sincerely hope you will again subscribe for next year’s 300 Club (only R120 per year)!
Please RSVP on or before 22 November 2019 with Deidre, Glenda or Silest on 041 – 583 2183. We look forward to seeing you!
WELCOME TO OUR CHARITY SHOPS:
CLOTHES GALORE & WOT NOT SHOP
(7 Gomery Avenue, Summerstrand)
Various quality branded handbags/travel luggage, shoes, kids bags
for sale at bargain prizes!
We gladly accept donations of unwanted items, pre-loved clothes, linen & any household items.
MONDAY – FRIDAY 10 – 2PM
PLEASE CONTACT THE HOME ON 041 583 2183 for more info!
From the Manager's Desk...
Let me share with you 12 ways to support Cheshire Homes and really MAKE the difference:
- Donate unwanted clothing and goods to our shops – The Wot Not Shop and Clothes Galore. Both our shops are situated at Cheshire Home Summerstrand, 7 Gomery Avenue. Please spread the word – our shops generate funds to pay for our municipal accounts and medical needs.
- Join the 300 Club at only R120 per year. You will then stand a chance to win monthly cash prizes of R75, R150 or R300. You will have automatic entry into the Big Draw in December of R1000!
- Sign up a Friends of Cheshire debit order for as little as R50 per month – you can decide how much you would like to donate on a monthly basis.
- Come and enjoy a hearty 3 course meal on the first Thursday of every month at Cheshire – for as little as R80 a month. Free glass of wine / juice with the meal. Bookings essential.
- Sponsor a resident for nappies on a monthly basis.
- We are in dire need of toiletries for our residents – become a toiletry donor.
- Get involved in functions and events as outlined at the beginning of each year. Every extra bit of help goes a long way.
- We would love to start a photographic club and a bird watching Your help with this will be appreciated.
- Organise entertainment for the residents – whether it is a school choir or a bit of music – our residents love having visitors entertain them!
- Spread the word about our Home – we are happy to address groups and organisations about the services we offer and the changes we make in the lives of our 57 residents.
- Leave a bequest to our home for the future care of persons with disabilities.
- Join the Woolworths My School My Planet program – Cheshire Home Summerstrand is a beneficiary of this program.
Why should you pick Cheshire Home Summerstrand as a beneficiary? Herewith 10 of a potential 100 reasons:
- We accommodate 57 profoundly differently abled adults that need full time care and support.
- We have 24 differently abled children, and their families, from a very impoverished township that we support.
- We ensure we have our financials audited on an annual basis by an accredited and registered auditing company.
- We guarantee a partnership that will ensure feedback, transparency and accountability to all who support us.
- We acknowledge, with recognition, all support given to us. The means of recognition can also be discussed to ensure we meet your needs.
- We provide unquestioning recognition of their full human rights.
- We subscribe to standards of excellence in all aspects of care from both staff and volunteers.
- We endeavour to help others, wherever the need may be, in the field of disability.
- We pride ourselves in effective, accountable and competent management and administration structures.
- We strive to develop and build partnerships, to so harness the energy and resources of government, donors and volunteers in support of our vision and mission.
With love always,
Street Collection 2019
We would like to thank all the volunteers, staff and residents who gave of their time to collect at various venues in PE on 26 October. This year’s Street Collection raised a wonderful R11 584.60 for our Home – much more than last year!!!
We also thank the generous community of PE for filling the tins – thank you for making a difference in the lives of our disabled residents and children at Khaya Cheshire! Please see attached newsletter for individual volunteers and amounts collected!